Monday, October 24, 2011

A View On Twilight

            Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

So I read this book recently that everyone’s been talking about for the past few years.  Twilight by Stephanie Meyer was, in my opinion, a pretty good book.  If you look to the right on this screen, you can see that one of my favorite series is the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, so maybe that means my views on Twilight are a little biased (judging by the whole Harry Potter vs. Twilight quarrels).  However, I’ll put all that aside and focus on how well I thought the book was done. 

Twilight is about an angsty teenage girl named Bella whose father babies her too much falling for a sparkly skinned vampire named Edward who looks seventeenish but is, in fact, a crap load older than that.  They fall madly in love but their love is “forbidden,” taking a Romeo and Juliet turn, to Edward.  Edward feels that, because he’s a vampire, he has no soul and therefore cannot love Bella and be with her.  Plus, it’d just be weird for her to be growing older constantly while he stays the same age.  Even with these problems, Bella reaches out to Edward and the story progresses with other members of Edward’s “family” are introduced, including Bella’s new best friend, Alice.

            Edward’s family really warms to Bella.  However, other vampires come into play and start targeting Edward Cullen and his family.

I liked Twilight.  It was a pretty interesting book.  If you have time to spare, you should definitely pick up a copy to read.   Stephanie Meyer is a pretty good author and there’s a good chance that I would pick up a copy of other she’s written or will write.  As for Twilight in particular, I give the book three and a half out of five stars.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your ranking of Twilight. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't the best ever. I also read the Harry Potter series, and I have to say, Harry Potter is my pick, any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with your ranking. I've read better and I've read a lot worse.

    ReplyDelete

Followers